UK Bingo Regulations
UK Bingo regulations might not sound very interesting, but they help to ensure that online bingo fans can play their favourite game with confidence. By playing at sites that meet UK bingo regulations you can rest assured that everything is above board and legal – and that you’ll get your money even if you win a big progressive!
For those who want to get technical, UK bingo regulations are part and parcel of the Gambling Act 2005, and online bingo comes under the sections referring to “remote gambling”. According to the Act, online bingo sites must be licensed in one of several approved countries if they want to advertise their services in Britain. Sites licensed in other countries that do not appear on the “White List” may still be reliable and trustworthy, but are not permitted to advertise.
Online bingo sites can be licensed in various countries, as we have just mentioned, and each site must adhere to the laws of the country they operate from. For example, an online bingo company operating from Gibraltar would be regulated by the provisions of the Gaming Legislation, Ordinances and Regulations of and issued by the Government of Gibraltar.
As for UK bingo regulations relating to each online bingo room, you should read the Terms and Conditions for each site. Although this not something that you would probably choose to do on a regular basis, it could save you problems later on. Here is a typical presentation of General T&Cs:
1. By playing at Bingo, you represent and warrant that you fully understand and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Bingo is restricted to individuals of legal age as determined in the jurisdiction in which the individual resides. You cannot play under any circumstances if you are not at least 18 years of age.
3. Participation in the activities and games of Bingo (the "Bingo Game") is open only to residents of those jurisdictions where such participation is legal and not prohibited. Participation in the Bingo Game is void wherever prohibited by law.
4. The Company makes no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit, as to your legal right to participate in the Bingo Game nor shall any of the Company's employees, licensees, distributors, wholesalers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, agents or retailers have the authority to make any such representations or warranties.
5. Employees of the Company, its licensees, distributors, wholesalers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, retailers and members of the immediate families of each are not eligible to participate in the Bingo Game.
6. Any participation in the Bingo Game is at your sole option, discretion and risk. By playing the Game, you acknowledge that you do not find the Bingo Game or Bingo to be offensive, objectionable, unfair, or indecent.
7. You are only permitted to enter Bingo for your own personal entertainment and non-professional use. Any other entrance, access, use or reuse of the Bingo or the Web site is strictly prohibited.
8. Only one account per person is permitted. Unfortunately, this is necessary to prevent abuse of our generous "free money" policies.
9. The management of Bingo reserves the right to withhold payment to any player pending verification of the player's identity.
Regulations Last Updated: 06/06/2007